Chances are you’ll usually search the reasons behind your dog’s strange behaviors. Typically we regard one thing as cute antics and barely put a lot thought into what causes these behaviors in our pet. We’ve put collectively some eccentric behaviors your pooch shows together with the more than likely causes behind every of them, for the convenience of understanding your furry companion higher.
1. That cute head tilting pose has extra to it than eliciting these oohs and ahs in us: Within the e-book `Inside a Dog’ by Alexandra Horowitz, head tilting has been defined as a canine’s try to regulate its outer ear to listen to higher and find some outlined sounds.
2. Chasing the tail: Canines chase their tail for quite a lot of causes. At instances it’s finished to kill boredom. Being restricted inside a small area additionally incites the tail chasing exercise in canines. Playfulness is another excuse for it. Other than this there may very well be the presence of fleas or a medical situation at work. In case the pooch is obsessively after its tail, it’s time to seek the advice of a vet with out additional delay. Canines can sense your optimistic reactions to any motion carried by them and if their tail-chasing makes you chuckle, the canine will merely interact in it to get your consideration.
3. When your canine Rotates earlier than mendacity down: This conduct has been handed on in canine from their wild ancestors. The untamed canine would dig a gap within the earth and go round to flatten the bottom to show it into a comfortable resting spot. This train remains to be practiced by our domesticated pooches earlier than retiring to mattress. (vid.credit score – www.thedodo.com)
4. Consuming grass: In keeping with specialists canine eat grass to enhance digestion, to introduce fiber consumption and add sure vitamins to their food regimen.
5. Kick within the air whenever you tickle its stomach: The well-known stomach rub is technically scratch reflex. In keeping with Animal Planet this involuntary response occurs when one thing irritates the canine. The nerves beneath the pores and skin which might be linked to the spinal twine get activated and a message to the leg muscle tissues is distributed to kick for the aim of discarding the irritant.
6. Drag their butts alongside the bottom: A canine will drag its anus alongside the carpet/floor when one thing is inflicting it discomfort/irritation. It may very well be an indication of worms, an infection or swelling within the area of the anal space. When a canine’s anal sacs get blocked or swollen it might scoot its backside on the grass/floor in an effort to clear them. This downside particularly bothers small canine breeds. Canines talk utilizing the stinking fatty substance discovered within the anal sacs which might be positioned inside on both aspect of the anus.
7. Consuming poop: In keeping with Dr. Sherry Weaver a feminine canine will eat its puppies’ poop as a cleansing ritual. The mom canine often carries this clear up for concerning the first three weeks. Typically even puppies eat their very own or different canine’s feces as a part of satisfying their curiosity. This behavior naturally dissipates earlier than the pup turns about 9 months outdated.
Environmental stress may cause a canine to eat its personal poop: Spending an excessive amount of alone time in kennels/confined areas and nervousness attributable to harsh punishments adopted by proprietor throughout home coaching.