We give you healthy homemade dog food recipes free. I give my pup these chicken treats as an alternative choice to the store-bought uncooked hides. The jerky is hard and chewy, so it retains my canine occupied for some time, and the hen has a superb quantity of protein, which is sweet for a canine’s muscle construction.
- 2 to four hen breasts
- Preheat the oven to 200 levels Fahrenheit.
- Take away any extra fats from the chicken. Flip the hen breast on its aspect and use a paring knife to slice the hen breast into 1/eight inch thick strips.
- Set the strips on a baking sheet. Bake for two hours.
- Examine the hen earlier than eradicating from the oven. It ought to be dry and exhausting, not smooth or chewy. Enable the hen to chill utterly earlier than serving.
- Retailer the jerky in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as two weeks.
Tip: You may substitute candy potatoes for the hen on this recipe. Candy potatoes make a wholesome, vegetarian different.