Homemade Dog Frozen Yogurt Recipe
If your dog loves to chase ice cubes around the kitchen, then he’ll love these frozen treats. They’re made from human grade ingredients and include fruit juice and carrots, which give your pup an added vitamin boost. Yogurt has calcium and protein, and can help your dog digest food.
Note that this recipe calls for non-fat yogurt, which is a much healthier alternative to other types of yogurt, especially if your dog is overweight.
- 6 oz. container of plain, non-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup of no-sugar added fruit juice
- 1/2 cup of carrots, minced
- Add the yogurt, fruit juice, and carrots into a medium-sized bowl. Stir until the ingredients are smooth and well-blended.
- Drop the mixture into the ice cube trays by spoonful.
- Freeze until the ingredients are solid.
Pro Tip: Use hard plastic trays instead of the softer rubber ones to make the treats. The treats are easier to remove from a hard tray.