Carob is a chocolate substitute that’s protected for canine. Images by: Allison Grey/Petful
I’ve been wanting ahead to making an attempt this recipe as a result of I’ve by no means used carob powder earlier than. And, to the perfect of my information, my canine, Banjo, has by no means had something containing carob.
However she may barely unglue her snout from the bag of carob powder I introduced residence from the shop and was my fixed shadow as I whipped these fast biscuits collectively.
Wheat- and Gluten-Free Carob Dog Biscuits
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ½ cup carob powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup water
- Warmth your oven to 350 F.
- Combine all substances in a big bowl and knead till a dough is shaped and clean. Add extra water if the dough is just too dry.
- Roll onto a closely floured floor ¼-inch thick, and reduce biscuits with a small cookie cutter.
- Place them on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 10–15 minutes or till the cookies begin to crackle.
- Cool on a wire rack and refrigerate further cookies.
Not desirous to overdo my canine deal with provides, I reduce this recipe in half and got here out with about 2 dozen cookies. I additionally had solely brown rice flour, but it surely was an ideal substitute for the white rice flour.
The dough was extraordinarily comfortable, so I like to recommend rolling it out slowly and gently.
The completed biscuits have been little crunchy delights that Banjo appeared to completely take pleasure in.
I admit I didn’t strive any myself, but it surely seems to be as if Banjo is a fan of carob cookies. Possibly I’ll must discover a human deal with recipe to strive it out for myself.